- About Us
- How To
Participation in decision-making is a key priority area of the UN agenda on youth. Through participating in the Global Leadership English Challenge, we hope young people could develop action plans themselves to contribute to meaningful engagements.
GLEC has been an international English public speech and essay writing competition for students on the subject of the UN and international issues, calling on the participation of the youth by selecting the theme of the competition as an annual UN agenda or desirable targets for everyone. We were so impressed by all the submitted works that you put a lot of effort into learning about the SDGs, as the world continuously emphasizes the advancement of youth development. We hope this opportunity or participation, regardless of the award, would surely be a rewarding and meaningful experience for all participating students, exposing themselves to obtaining deep knowledge on the given topics.
All documents have been through a screening procedure by the GLEC Evaluation Committee, and the list of awardees is now released.
GLEC Korea 2022 Award Announcement: http://essay.gleader.org/korea/
(Your login details for the platform have been sent to your individual email. Please make sure that the platform distinguishes capital letters and blanks. If you aren't sure of the registered name for your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
* Important Notes
- All finalists (regardless of being awarded or not) are provided the 'Certificate of Qualification' to prove themselves to be qualified participants for the final round. However, the printing service from the website (http://essay.gleader.org/korea/) is available for only 4 weeks from the announcement. (Print available 2022/09/18 - 2022/10/31)
- Award Certificate is only provided as an original paper copy and be delivered to each address, and should NOT be downloaded or printed from the website. Any illegal documentation might cancel your award.
- All winners MUST submit an address to receive the Award Certificate to us at email@example.com by 30 September 2022 with a subject line of 'Winner's Package Address Information' including the exact address with the building number, postal code and the contact number of the recipient.
- Speech winners MUST also submit required documents to prove their track: Passport copy (여권사본), Certificate of Enrollment for school (재학증명서), Certificate of Entry & Exit (출입국에 관한 사실증명) by 30 September 2022. In case you got your information incorrectly or did not submit as requested, your award might get cancelled, so please kindly make sure to submit the requirements within the deadline.
- Winner benefit program details can be found in our official website. Please keep yourself updated within the timeline and submit the application form accordingly.
※ Yale International Model UN is only conducted in-person at Yale University in New Haven, the winner benefit may be replaced with "50% financial support for the Yale International Model UN Korea (http://ymunkorea.org/). Those who have won the Outstanding Award and are willing to participate in YMUN Korea event, please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with your personal information.
In case of any inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com with a subject line ‘Award Announcement Inquiry.’