Dear GLEC China participants,
We, the GLEC Secretariat, have just sent out the winner’s package to all local and international winners, including the benefit program details and application procedure. We expect additional international shipping delays in case of national holidays, but the package should arrive within March.
For the Winner Benefits, please kindly apply for the program you have won or eligible for. Any non-awardees can apply as well as has been previously informed, so please contact us for any program details or application procedures for any programs listed below.
1. UN SDG Book Club: Intensive Writing Study
‘UN SDG Book Club’ is a youth book discussion group initiated by the United Nations Publications, to teach the international youth about the importance of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). But, reading is just the first step. The ‘Intensive Reading/Writing Study’ is an intensive and professional English class based on the high-end English books selected by the UN selection committee including the UN Publications and the International Publisher Association in New York, USA. Based on the international model UN curriculum, the study program consists of individual/group English discussions and/or case studies, Model IBT TOEFL test, and expert feedback using the US Educational Testing Service (ETS). All participants are expected to achieve in-depth educational book reading skills as well as report writing skills by writing academic essays on the monthly theme, 2030 Agenda, and the UN SDGs.
- 'Intensive Writing Study' is open to all participants who are 1) aged more than 12-year-old, and 2) interested in reading books, sharing experiences, and writing essays. However, some students may not be able to participate if their levels do not match with other students. All related details including the application procedure and detailed program schedule will be included in the package!
- Program Duration: 8-week-curriculum (classes on weekends), June 2022 (scheduled)
- Venue: Online Platform Zoom
- Apply at https://forms.gle/JrtKru5KBzmETR3d7
2. Training Program on the United Nations and the SDGs
‘Training Program on the United Nations’ is a premier pedagogical program on the UN agenda led by UN high representatives and staff from international organizations over the globe. Both national and international students from middle school or high school from all over the world will not only virtually visit the UN Headquarters in New York, USA, and Geneva, Switzerland but will also be able to discuss global issues with UN high officials. Through this program, participants will be able to learn about international affairs both academically and practically, have an opportunity to network with UN officials, ambassadors, and NGO officials, and finally, learn tips on how to build a career at the UN.
- 'Training Program on the United Nations' is open to all participants who are 1) aged more than 14-year-old, and 2) interested in the works of the United Nations and international organizations. All participants should be very fluent in English being able to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, especially on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Program Duration: 4 Nights/5 Days, August 2022 (scheduled) *Exact date/time will be confirmed considering the United Nations calendar.
- Venue: Online Platform Zoom
- Apply at https://forms.gle/n5AiotkT6NU77aCX7
Also, we hereby would like to inform you that the Global GLEC Conference has been successfully completed with approximately 80 participants from past winners in 2021, and those who could not make it for this time can join us next time which is scheduled for January 2023.
Any inquiries regarding the winner benefits can be made directly to the GLEC Secretariat at email@example.com.
GLEC China Secretariat